Klicken Sie bitte hier für die Deutsche Version
Per favore, clicca qui per la versione italiana
Clica aquí para la versión española
Пожалуйста щелкните здесь для русской версии
Opera Europa is the leading service organisation for professional opera companies and opera festivals throughout Europe. It currently serves 127 member companies from 35 different countries. Its main office is in Brussels, where it is registered as a cultural organization in compliance with Belgian law. Its governing Board is made up of 15 members chosen from the general membership and elected for 3 year terms. An executive Director, a Manager and two Coordinators are responsible for managing the organization and for responding to members’ needs.
Membership subscriptions are set by the full membership assembly and are presently €2,700 per calendar year. This amount includes full access to all the services of our partner Operabase Professional
Conferences open to the general membership take place at least twice a year in alternating member cities. Conference programmes focus on topics and developments of current practical interest, such as maximizing income, audience development, new technologies and new media, human resources, fundraising and PR/Marketing. Conferences are further especially useful for developing contacts for Europe-wide co-productions.
Opera Europa’s information systems (website, database, mailing lists) offer:
- one-stop, easy access to members’ websites
- up-to-date lists of key staff to facilitate communication and participation
- e-mail forums for specialist networking opportunities
- a comprehensive and updated database of members’ future production plans
- a collaborative marketplace for co-productions, rentals and exchanges
- full access to the casting and production tools developed by Operabase
- confidential financial profiles of many member companies
Opera Europa also offers reciprocal membership benefits with Opera America.
A quarterly newsletter keeps members informed of activities, conference programmes and professional issues affecting member companies.
Recent developments include:
Opera Europa specialises in advocating the international dimension of opera. Its new dynamic offers all opera companies and festivals the ideal international platform for public information and presentation.
- a thriving Technical & Production forum for exchanging information and good practice among member companies;
- active forums for Marketing & Communications, Human Ressources and Business & Finance with ongoing research projects responding to members’ needs;
- other very lively specialized forums: Costumes, executive Assistants;
- a Fundraising Academy to share methods of securing private sector finance;
- initiatives with the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and the International Music+Media Zentrum (IMZ);
- a growing dialogue with the European Commission and various cultural platforms defending culture at European level;
- the annual coordination of European Opera Days in over 100 theatres throughout Europe over the same week-end early May;
- specific initiatives towards the young public and the young opera professionals.
Director of Opera Europa