Joining Opera Europa
Opera Europa welcomes professional opera companies which stage at least one production per year, as well as affiliated organisations. For more information, please contact Susanna Werger.
Opera Europa’s information systems offer:
- Operabook, our custom-made casting and production database, including records from our member companies and beyond since 2011
- Address book with key staff in member companies to facilitate communication and participation
- Listservs for specialist networking opportunities and broader sharing of collegial advice
- A comprehensive and updated database of members’ future production plans, allowing a collaborative marketplace for co-productions, rentals and exchanges for those who contribute
- Access to a benchmarking tool with confidential financial profiles of many member companies for those who contribute
- Access to the document centre with presentations and programmes of past events and relevant documentation as well as to the discussion board an open forum for posting discussion topics among members
- Free placement of job offers on the Opera Europa website Reduced advertising rates in our newsletter and on our website
- Possibility to become a contributor to OperaVision and place extracts or full-length performances on the platform
- Beyond the online services, members benefit from live networking and participation opportunities via
- Discounted rates for attendance of our 2 main annual conferences
- Discounted rates for attendance of our specialist forum meetings
- Access to exclusive members-only meetings online
- Consultation on management issues from the Opera Europa executive team
- Involvement in professional advocacy and lobbying through association membership of Pearle* and Culture Action Europe as well as reciprocal membership benefits with Opera America
- Voting and eligibility rights at Opera Europa’s General Assembly of Members
A quarterly printed newsletter keeps members informed of activities, conference programmes and professional issues affecting member companies.
Opera Europa public initiatives
The Board of Opera Europa has determined to prioritise several initiatives for the association's work over the next few years.
OperaVision is a free streaming platform offers currently up to 8 full length opera performances and up to 20 bonus videos per month, each with digital programme notes and subtitles in English, French and German. The content is curated by a project manager and three coordinators.
29 partners and from 18 European countries make an annual contribution towards the maintenance of the platform in a move towards matching European Union’s Creative Europe programme. The rest of the content is provided by other member companies who have cleared rights for streaming.
The free, content-rich, digital platform is the central element of Opera Europa’s advocacy of the art of opera. To that end, we are nurturing partnerships with other players in the cultural field, including broadcasters and educationalists. More information here.
World Opera Day
This joint initiative by Opera Europa, Opera America and Opera Latinoamérica is celebrated on 25 October with the support of UNESCO and ITI. More information here.